- Social behaviour: This factor maps how a person behaves socially through social media platforms. Social media platforms are virtual websites where a person interacts with his/her social group; be it friends, family or co-workers. This behaviour also helps evaluate his/her credit worthiness.
- Web presence: Systems also take a look at online activities of a person to understand his/her behaviour. Data regarding the online behaviour of a person gives valuable insight on how the person behaves. This kind of behaviour helps understand more about his character.
- Fraud detection: Technology now can track fraudulent behaviour to understand if a person is likely to default or not. Some set parameters check if the person is likely to commit fraud and this greatly reduces the credit risks of a lender.
- Financial activity: Of course, the most basic factor is the financial background of the person. Financial activity of a person gives a lot of insight into a person’s life and this is a very important factor in understand how credit worthy he/she is.
Home / Without Label / Role of technology in alternate finance: Part 2
Friday, 12 February 2016
Alternate finance is the new kid on the block. And it’s got along with it a lot of innovation to play with. While old systems continue to exist inefficiently and ineffectively, technological innovation is paving the way for superior finance options. Though this is an extremely positive movement in the industry, we must also be aware of the most important factor in the industry: Credit Risk.
Being oblivious to credit risk can run cash flows to the ground. It is extremely important to maintain credit checks to minimise the opportunity of default. A lot of credit checks are done manually by human beings. This is time consuming and lowers the overall efficiency of a lender. This is where technology comes in. Thanks to innovation, credit checks can now be done in a matter of seconds and this credit check is extremely accurate. It gives you exact details of a person’s behaviour and analyses various parts of the person’s background. When it comes to automated credit checks, systems look at some particular things:
While we have to make sure that we minimise credit loss, we cannot be frivolous with regard to the credit rating of a person. Technology helps us become more accurate and more efficient with this regard. Technological innovation is the right path for alternate finance and we must follow through with full speed.
About Rohan Hazrati
Rohan is the Founder of the Peer-to-Peer lending platform Rupaiyaexchange.
Subscribe via email
Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.
What is P2P?
- alternative finance
- bank rate cuts
- benefits for investment
- Bond Market
- CC limits
- consumer loans
- corporate tax rate
- demonetisation impact
- digital India
- digital transactions
- digital wallets
- expectation from budget 2017
- fight against corruption and terrorism
- fintech startups after demonetisation
- GST 4 Slab Structure
- GST bill
- GST tax slabs
- Interest Rate
- Investment options
- Investment plans
- Money Manager
- Mutual Funds
- narendra modi
- narendra modi speech for corruption
- OD limits
- p2p lending
- p2p lending in India
- P2P Loans in India
- pay day loans
- payday loans
- peer to peer lending
- peer to peer lending in India
- peer to peer lending platforms
- Peer to Peer Lending. Plastic currency
- Rs 500 and Rs 1000 banned
- rupaiya exchange
- Short term credit mismatch
- short term loans
- stock market
- surgical strikes on black money
- Union budget 2017
- VAT implementation
- VAT on alcohol
- VAT on food
- why demonetisation
- A Way of Helping – Medical Emergency Loans
- Pay Day loans
- Gold vs. Peer-to-Peer Lending
- Real Estate vs. Peer-to-Peer Lending
- Stocks vs. Peer-to-Peer Lending
- Recession Friendly Investments
- Why Peer-to-Peer Lending is here to stay
- Role of technology in alternate finance: Part 2
- Role of technology in alternative finance - Part 1
- Why is P2P Lending becoming more popular with inve...
- Entrepreneurs: Peer-to-Peer Lending vs. Crowdfunding
- Risk and rewards can be inversely proportional - S...
- Four predictions for P2P Lending in 2016 for India
- Route to Alternative Financing
- Start-ups turn to P2P Lending
- What does P2P lending Advocate?
- Understanding your alternate credit score
- ▼ February (17)